Sunday, April 5, 2015

I'm all official and stuff

Happy Easter everyone.

On Easter Sunday we celebrate the resurrection of Christ.  Esoterically Easter can be seen as the day in which we celebrate the idea of the divine spark within all mankind overcoming "death" or descent of spirit into a physical body and the new life we lead when we realize the presence of this divine spark and allow it to take its rightful place as our true higher self and live our lives in pursuit of manifesting divinity wherever we go. 

In many forms of Sacramental Christianity Easter is also the day that many new members are baptized and welcomed into the church.  In my church, the Community of Saint James, which is a part of the Open Rite of the Oriental Apostolic Church of Damcar,  Bishop Lainie Petersen opted to make this my ordination day.  I very much enjoy the symbolism of being ordained on Easter Sunday.

I would like to thank Bishop Laine, Tau Mikael Basilides, Bishop Ken Canterbury, and the collective clergy of the OACD for accepting me into their community.  Hopefully I won't screw it up too bad.  I would also like to thank everyone who attended and/or who offered congratulations.  And also thanks to the Life Force Arts Center for hosting us. 

I really appreciate everyone's support.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment