Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ministry can be hazardous

I order a lot of stuff online.  Too much really.  I'd say about half the time when I get a package in the mail I've forgotten what it was that I had ordered, so it becomes a surprise.  I once got drunk and ordered a violin.  I do not presently know, nor ever have known, how to play the violin. 

When I got home from my job the other day I found a small sticker on my door telling me I had missed the delivery of a package that required a signature.  I couldn't remember ordering anything expensive, so I couldn't imagine why I'd have to sign for a box as they normally leave them on my doorstep.

Well I drove to go get it and was informed that I would need to sign because the shipment had been flagged as "Containing Hazardous Materials".  I signed for the box and walked it to my car concerned.  Hopefully I didn't do something ridiculous like try to order uranium through the mail.  I'd rather not have to explain to the Department of Homeland Security that I had been possessed by the demons of Guinness.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found what had caused all the commotion.


God has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment